Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bye bye Dexxie pie.

I don't think I mentioned this on the blog before, but I have a rabbit, or should I say ... I had a rabbit. Yesterday morning I woke up to find my rabbit unable to move, but still breathing, and I was heartbroken. His name was Dexter, and he was about five months old. The weather had been really bad that night, and although I'd done everything I could to keep the hutch warm, he just wasn't old enough to withstand that kind of cold, he went into shock and died in my arms on the way to the vets. Needless to say I was very, very upset, and as were my family, and my boyfriend.
I took the day off college because I was a sobbing mass. I'm over the crying now, but I still have this feeling in the pit of my stomach, as if I've swallowed a brick. I'm not sure what that feeling is meant to be, I'm putting it down to feeling guilty, but really there wasn't much I could have done to make him any warmer, other than bringing him into the house, which my parents wouldn't allow, their not bad people, it's just a rule. They loved Dexxie just as much as I did.
I just feel sad that he died so young, it's such a shame because he was such a character.
What really pisses me off about the whole ordeal is that when we got to the vets they wouldn't look at Dexter untill I registered with them, and during that time, he could have still been alive. Then my mum had to pay £13, just for them to take him away.
Ta-ra xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment